Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Would you like some potatoes with that gravy???

This week has by far been the most odd and utterly entertaining all wrapped into one. The 5 "dudes" in my life have all managed to try my nerves and make me laugh hysterically. Sometimes at the same time, in general I would blame this on hormones but considering I am almost 2 years post-partum I blame sleep deprivation and South Beach.

I decided to start South Beach last week. This is a wonderful jump-start to diets and would have worked had I not been running to train for a half-marathon. I found myself more aggitated than usual and am pretty sure I was going into shock. Headaches and double vision led to dreams of doughnuts and cake. Needless to say, I went back to the land of carbs and am loving it!!!! God bless you flour...you are my friend!

Shawn has decided that he wants to run the Iditarod. This revelation came out of left field and I would've been surprised but he does these things sometimes and they usually pass. He then proceeded to explain to me how he would run it and win and beat all the records. It was at this point I explained to him that, a) we don't own a dog let alone multiple dogs to actually race the Iditarod, b) he grew up in Florida and doesn't fair well in the cold and c) we don't own a dog let alone multiple dogs...I then suggested a unicycle. We still need to work out the logistics but stay tuned...this could be AMAZING!!!

Dylan has been pretty low-key. He is leader of the pack so to speak so he puffs his chest and tries to control the masses. He has currently become "gangster" and throws "gangster" signage and says phrases such as "Ah, Snap" and "What up!" You should see him dance...ghetto superstar meets extremely preppy 6-year-old Irish boy. CLASSIC!!! He is completely baseball obsessed and if I hear the tennis ball bounce off my wall one more time this week...I might scream!!!

Carson has entered a phase of pure awesomeness...NOT!!! He has become more challenging and stubborn than I ever could imagine. He refuses breakfast, lunch and dinner after he puts in the request for specific entrees choices. He will then stomp his feet and tell me how "awful" I am and how "bisgusting" his food is. After about 20 minutes he is in full on laughter and chowing down??? I don't get it??? I thought girls were supposed to be emotional??? I'm not sure I like him...I mean, I love him but there are days I would like to have him raised by a group of English Nannies and returned when he is properly versed in the art of table manners. His new phrase is OMG, as in, Oh my Gravy! Not sure where we came up with this phrase but I find myself using it often. He will break it out when his utterly "bisgusted" with me or his brothers.

The bits are now into, wait for it....poop! They are obsessed with their poo! it is the most disgusting thing I have ever experienced with all my boys!!! This happens during nap time and in the worst case results in diapers being thrown around the room. What would possess a perfectly normal 21 month old child to throw his diaper across the room??? They are like little primates that you watch at the zoo. You know the ones that throw poop at the protective glass where you gaulk and giggle as they play with their feces. Not funny people!!!! Not funny at all!!!
I think the shower might have been a provided the solution but now they are afraid of their bath...maybe I should duct tape their diapers???
Aside from their primal indiscretions they are pretty much the funniest children I have ever met in my life. I'm not sure if it is the fact that there are two of them but they are just like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum!!! They play off each other and I'm fairly certain they talk about us in their alien like language. This usually results in hysterical laughter...twins are a strange phenomenon that I'm not sure we will ever understand them. And sometimes I think that might be a good thing...

Whoever said that raising boys is WAY easier than raising girls, has either had no children at all or sedated their sons until the age of 16. Either way they are filthy liars and should be punished! I recommend a day in my house with no lunch or bathroom breaks...

No comments:

Post a Comment